Business & Technology is a subject area that covers a wide range of subjects, from design and digital technology, to economics, food studies and industrial technology. By studying business and technology subjects, students develop knowledge, understanding and practical skills useful in a broad range of real-world contexts.
Business & Technology subjects provides students with authentic learning challenges that foster curiosity, confidence, persistence, innovation, creativity, respect and cooperation.
Through studying Business & Technology, students will:
- Develop confidence as critical users of technologies, designers and producers of designed solutions.
- Learn to apply practical skills to real work living contexts.
- Gain problem solving and decision making skills.
|Year 7 |
- Digital Technologies (1 term only)
- Design & Technology (semester 1)
- Home Economics (semester 1)
- Digital Technologies (elective subject)
- Economics & Business Studies (elective subject)
|Year 9 & 10|
- Food Studies
- Textile & Food Studies
- Design & Technology
Graphic & Design
- Digital Technologies
|Year 11 & 12 |
- Hospitality Practices
- Early Childhood Studies
- Industrial Graphics (2021 onwards)
- Industrial Technology Skills
- Digital Solutions
- Business Studies
- Legal Studies
For further information and details about the units of study, please see the year level handbooks.
A/Head of Department Technology – Mark Bretherton
Head of Department Home Economics – Elizabeth Cameron